Valentines Day - romantic ideas
that won't break the bank!
OK, let's be clear on one thing - you don't need Valentines Day to show someone how much you love them - it goes without saying that this is something you should be doing every day, not just one day a year! Grand gestures are lovely, but equally, more often than not it's the little things that don't cost the earth and are more personal to you, that have the greatest impact. We've put together a list of ideas for you that you can do on Valentines Day (or whatever day you fancy!) - that won't break the bank, will help create lovely memories, and will make your significant other feel even more special...
1. Start the day as you mean to go on with breakfast in bed! Treat your other half to a long, lazy brekkie, prepared with love! Whether you enjoy a full English breakfast (vegan ideas: vegan bacon, hash browns, beans, mushrooms, vegan sausages, roasted cherry tomatoes, fried potatoes = yum!), or something lighter like dairy-free yoghurt, topped with walnuts, chia seeds, goji berries and a drizzle of Honea! Let your imagination run riot and cook up a morning feast for your love. Don't forget the tea / coffee, and maybe a nice refreshing glass of fruit juice. Perfect!
2. Watch a movie. Why not settle down together on a nice comfy sofa and watch a movie together - whatever you fancy, romcom, comedy, action film - there's loads to choose from on Netflix or other providers. To make it feel extra special, grab some blankets, cosy up, and have a bucket of popcorn and some sweets. We sell popcorn kernels that you pop yourself - another fun activity - you don't need a lot to make a bucket (simply pop them in a pan with some marg, put a lid on, heat up the pan and keep shoogling that pan! You'll hear loads of popping - once it slows downs and stops, you can remove the lid. Season with our salt & vinegar seasoning, or with caster sugar, and you're all set! We also have an amazing selection of vegan pick and mix sweets, so pop in and grab a bag along with your popcorn kernels, and you're all set for a romantic evening in.
3. Have a candlelit dinner at home. Dress that table, and spend a fun time together prepping and cooking a beautiful dinner. From a time perspective, why not make the starter and pudding earlier in the day, so that you can focus on the main course in the evening? If you don't fancy cooking, how about getting in your favourite takeaway in - either way, sitting at a candlelit table with a nice bottle of wine (or whatever your fave tipple is) and your significant other a lovely way to spend time together. Check out some of our fave recipes on our Recipe page for some ideas.
4. Go for a walk together. Explore the great outdoors together - we are so lucky to have the most beautiful countryside, country parks, town & city parks, beaches and outdoor spaces around us - whether you live in a city, town or in the countryside. Being outside is known to boost happiness, and enjoying some time together outdoors will make it all the more better! February in the UK is not renowned for its warm weather :) so when you get back home, why not whip up some of our Kakoa Collection hot chocolate with a bit of plant based whipped cream on top to warm up. Yum!
5. Bake! Why not bake something delicious together? Not only is this a fun activity for you both, but you also get the benefit of eating something delicious at the end of it! How about a chocolate cake with strawberries?
Alternatively, why not have your own Great British Bake Off at home? Each of you can create your culinary masterpieces and then decide which wins (or maybe you both do!) Be careful though, if either of you are super competitiveness, a Bake Off may need to be rescheduled to another day! You can get all the ingredients you need to make delicious cakes and bakes right here at Naked Refills. If you need any help with vegan cake recipes, just let us know!
6. Cocktail Masterclass. Enjoy delicious cocktails made at home - and no need to call a taxi afterwards!
Take a look on You Tube - there's loads of free cocktail classes online - just choose the one you fancy, make sure you have all the ingredients you need beforehand, and then enjoy making cocktails together! Not only is the process fun, but you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour afterwards! Win win!
Whatever you do, or however you choose to spend Valentines Day, one thing remains important - you don't need to spend a lot of money (or any money!) to show the person you love how much you care. Grand gestures can be amazing, but simple, well thought out actions can often mean more. Remember to let the people you care about know - every day. Let us know if you've got some great ideas for Valentines Day as well - we'd love to hear about them! xx